Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Nature Photography

Many people have been saying that maybe photographers shouldn't take pictures of wild animals or pictures out in the wild because it disturbs the wildlife. Going by those standards, BBC should then never film wildlife because it would be disturbing to the animals, but then what would high school students watch in Biology when they have a substitute?

Pictures in nature are not just "pretty pictures," but they are educational. I wouldn't know what a gnu looked like and why John Lithgow thought it was a bison if I wasn't able to see a picture of one that someone had taken out in the wild. I wouldn't be able to explain to my 3 year old niece what a puma is if I wasn't able to show her Planet Earth clip BBC had filmed out in the wild.

People can't just decide, suddenly, that taking pictures out in the wild is disturbing to the animals. As long as the photographers have common sense there should be no issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment