Tuesday, December 4, 2012

TERFYNOL

The end has come. The final for photography. Huzzah!

These photos were taken in various places around Billings, MT and were taken with (unless stated otherwise) a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ3 camera.


ISO 80 16.1mm f/3.5 1/250sec
This picture was taken at the Rims on the walking path. I made the pic black and white so it would look different from another picture at the same location that looked similar. In Photoshop I removed some buildings that were distracting

ISO 80 12.8mm f/3.3 1/250sec
This was taken at Norm's Island, it is a structure I found whilst walking through the forrest. I lowered the exposure a little bit and raised the contrast a bit. I also darkened the shadows.

ISO 80 6.1mm f/2.8 1/125sec
This photo was taken inside the above shelter at Norm's Island. I darkened the highlights and didn't do much else to it.

ISO 80 6.1mm f/2.8 1/250sec
This was taken at the Rims just off of the walking path going down from the cliff. I made it black and white because I thought it looked nice (I always think stone looks nice in black and white) and I like how the spindles stand out. I don't like the grass growing between the steps and the wall and thought of ridding the picture of them but thought better of it because I thought it looked more nature-y.

ISO 80 14.5mm f/3.4 1/160sec
This was taken at Norm's Island. I heightened the contrast and darkened the whites. I also the made some of the yellow a bit greener and the orange a bit more red so it looked more like autumn.

ISO 80 6.1mm f/2.8 1/100sec
I took this at Norm's Island, it is part of a Beavers' Dam. I darkened the highlights, lowered exposure, raised contrast and lowered vibrance and saturation. It's not my favorite picture, but I do like the grass coming in from the bottom right corner.

These next two pictures were taken at River Front Park. Carly and I were taking pictures of ducks and saw this odd fellow, he's not a duck and we aren't sure what kind of bird it is. We think it may be a quail.
ISO 80 36.6mm f/4.5 1/100sec
I darkened the highlights because there were some very bright colors that were rather off-putting.

ISO 80 36.6mm f/4.5 1/320sec
I didn't do much editing in the picture. In Photoshop I removed some junk from the water that were distracting and removed the ugly grass poking out of the snow. I also cropped off the sides to better focus on the funny bird.

ISO 80 14.5mm f/3.4 1/80sec
I took picture of petrified rope at Norm's Island. In Lightroom I lowered the exposure and darkened the highlights and shadows. I tried to get rid of the really long, large blade of yellow grass but I couldn't figure out a way to logically rid the picture of it.

ISO 100 17.2mm f/3.5 1/30sec
I took this photo at Norm's Island. In Lightroom I brightened the highlights and darkened the shadows. I also raised the clarity, vibrance and saturation.

ISO100 32.5mm f/4.4 1/60sec
This photo was taken at Norm's Island. I changed it to black and white so accentuate the barn. I also cropped it to remove a white truck that was very distracting.

ISO 400 24mm f/4.0 30.0sec
This photo was taken with a Canon EOS 5D markIII camera with a EF24-105mm F/4L IS USM lens at the place to the west, way to the west. I cropped the picture to focus on the lights from billings. I also raised the vibrance and saturation. I am not sure what else I did because I edited this picture on a different computer.

ISO 80 36.6mm f/4.5 1/125sec
This photo was taken at the Rims. In Lightroom I raised the clarity to better exaggerate the road. I also raised the vibrance and saturation.

ISO 80 16.1mm f/3.5 1/60sec
This photo was taken at Norm's Island. In Lightroom I lowered the exposure and darkened the highlights and whites. I also raised the vibrance and saturation. In Photoshop I removed a thing that was coming out of the logs from the lowers right corner and extended the length of the photo, it was very distracting.

ISO 80 6.1mm f/2.8 1/160sec
This photo was taken at Norm's Island. In Lightroom I brightened the highlights and made the yellow more yellow. I raised the exposure, clarity and vibrance.

ISO 80 12.8mm f/3.3 1/60sec
This photo was taken at Norm's Island, it is part of a beavers' dam. I lowered the exposure and raised the contrast I also raised the vibrance and lowered the saturation. I like that the beavers used a tire in their dam, it was very innovative and resourceful on their part.

ISO 80 6.1 f/2.8 1/400sec
I took this photo at Norm's Island in the Yellowstone River. I altered the hues of the reds, oranges and yellows and raised saturation of the oranges and yellows and the luminance of the oranges and yellows so the leaves in the water would stand out more.

ISO 80 36.6mm f/4.5 1/160sec
This photo was taken at River Front Park. I lowered the highlights to help the duck stand out against the snow better. I was very proud of this photo because you can see the duck's eye. Although I was standing only three feet away from him.

ISO 80 6.1mm f/2.8 1/320 sec
I took this photo at Norm's Island. In Photoshop I removed a dark log that was very distracting on the right hand side. In Lightroom I lowered the exposure and darkened the highlights.

ISO 80 6.1mm f/2.8 1/100sec
I took this photo at Norm's Island, there were some Boy Scouts there and they were asked to make shelters, and this is always what people come up with when asked to make a shelter: a terrible, un-sturdy structure made out of twigs. I find it hilarious. I raised the vibrance and saturation, not for any logical reason, just because I thought It'd be fun and I thought the bright colors would demonstrate the innocence of the picture.

ISO 80 6.1mm f/2.8 1/250sec
This photo was taken at Norm's Island, another part of the beavers' dam. In Lightroom I raised the contrast and lowered the highlights. I also raised the vibrance and saturation. I like the contrast of the black log on top of the white log.

ISO 80 12.8mm f/3.3 1/250sec
This photo was taken at Norm's Island. In Lightroom I lowered the contrast and brightened the highlights to better see the trees, I didn't see much else was in need of editing.

ISO 80 6.1mm f/2,8 1/40sec
This picture was taken at Norm's Island, inside one of the Boy Scout shelters. I darkened the highlights and shadows and I darkened the whites and lightened the blacks.

ISO 80 7mm f/2.9 1/400sec
I took this photo at Norm's Island. I made it black and white and raised the exposure and raised the contrast. I like how the fractured tree twists and warps from the break.

ISO 80 36.6mm f/4.5 1/160sec
This photo was taken at River Front Park. I cropped the picture to take out some unwanted space and to better focus on the duck. I lowered the exposure and lightened the highlights. I raised clarity and I raised the vibrance and little bit. I also gave the picture a bit of a vignette; I hadn't done that before, so that was fun. In Photoshop I removed a rock and a log that was in the water that I found very distracting and messy.

ISO 80 36.6mm f/4.8 1/500sec
I took this photo at Norm's Island. Originally it was three different pictures and, in Photoshop, I copied each bird to put them in one photo together because I thought one bird by itself was too empty of a photo.

ISO 80 14.5mm f/3.4 1/200sec
This photo was taken at Norm's Island, I like it because it kind of looks like a dragon or sea serpent. In Lightroom I lowered the exposure and raised the clarity.

ISO 80 36.6mm f/4.5 1/125sec
This photo was taken at the Rims just off of the walking path. In Photoshop I made the stone black and white but kept the pigeons in color. In Lightroom I raised the vibrance and saturation for the birds to better stand out. Although, looking at it now I realize I raised them a bit too much.

ISO 80 6.1mm f/5.6 1/200sec
This photo was taken at the Rims on the walking path. In Photoshop I removed some distracting signs from the background. This picture is rather clique, a similar picture the logo of a movie production company, but I've always liked pictures like this; one lone tree and sky with attractive clouds and a road leading to nowhere.

ISO 80 11.4mm f/3.2 1/250sec
This photo was taken at Norm's Island. I saw the wood hammered to the trunk of the tree and thought it looked cool. I put it in black and white because I thought it looked artsy and Avante Garde. In Photoshop I removed some twigs from the upper left hand corner that were very distracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment